Thursday, April 12, 2007

Momma said there would be days like this

So when I was about 16 I remember coming home from basketball practice and was eating a warm piece of wacky cake with cream poured over it...oh it was good. My mom said that one day I wouldn't be able to eat whatever I wanted but I didn't really believe her...well the day has come. I don't know if it is because I am nearing 30 but the weight just doesn't come off like it used to. I usually gain about 5 lbs in the winter and then come spring it just comes off when I shed my parka and then I am ready for swimsuit season...well this year no matter what, I am just stuck with those five pounds. I guess I am still eating whatever I want and not really working on it...hum maybe I should start doing that. Any suggestions? Sarah is at school, Becca is at a friends and David is taking a nap so I guess I will go do the elliptical for a while.

4 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Meh. That's why I don't own a scale. If you think about it, though, it's still winter there isn't it? I mean, you really haven't had a chance to shed the parka when it's snowing at Hershey just last week.

Juls said...

I don't have a scale, but my friend does. I know I would be way too compulsive about it!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I think now that I'm pregnant and every book I read seems to scream "DON'T GAIN TOO MUCH WEIGHT!", I have found myself occasionally wishing I had a scale to make sure I'm not blowing up in more places than my stomach.

But then again, I think I'll continue to do what I've been doing (trying to be healthy despite the fact that vegetables no longer sound good at all), and hope for the best. I guess I'll get a new update every month anyway.

Juls said...

Cel just don't be shocked if one month you gain a lot of weight! With all three pregnancies I had one month where I gained 9 or 10 lbs and the nurses said something rude but whatever. All the weight came off all three times so I am not too concerned with what the scale says!