Friday, October 12, 2007

You're so vain

So after saying that I would judge someone that was cosmetically enhanced I have been thinking about my teeth...why you ask...well on Wednesday I went to the dentist and he looked at me and said, how do you feel about your teeth. I said "fine" he said we could fix your crooked tooth if you would like with a veneer. I said "no, I am fine" but as I have been thinking about it I want to know how much it would be. I KNOW insurance wouldn't cover it, but hum interesting. What do you think? too vain? would my smile be changed THAT much? I don't really like this picture of me (sporting a big cold sore), but it shows my teeth. Also, this is when Sily Marie came out to visit.

8 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I've never noticed you have a crooked tooth. For what it's worth.

Oh, and I look like I have a big head next to you! haha.

Lois said...

Which tooth? I never noticed. the mom

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Also, it's kind of weird that he brought it up. And continued after you said you felt fine about your tooth. Like he's trying to make you feel conscious about it and then drum up business from him making you feel insecure.

Seriously though, even looking at the picture closely I can't figure out which tooth you're talking about.

Juls said...

Okay if my mom and sister can't tell then I guess it was never a big deal! Also, cel you don't have a big head! love you guys!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Don't worry. It's not like I feel like I'm on So I Married an Ax Murderer. I don't lay my (in a Scottish accent) "huge head on my huge pillow and cry myself to sleep." Haha. It's probably just the angle.

nicole said...

Julie I never noticed your crooked tooth either. And silly marie i don't think your head looks big. I guess I'm a little vain because someday I may get veneers. Only because I already have bondings on my front teeth any way because I've chipped the front one twice and the dentist finally said when we fix this do you want me to bond your teeth for the gap? I said sure and now ten years later I'm realizing the bondings don't last forever.

CACKEL said...

i am totally with silly marie on this one. i hate dentists that pull that trick! i never noticed your crooked tooth, and sometimes teeth look really nice and natural if they are just MOSTLY perfect. so my vote, is definitely not worht the $1500 that a veneer would cost. seriously, think about all of the fun stuff you cold spend that much money on and still have your grweat natural smile.

Juls said...

I hope I haven't offended anyone by this post! I don't think anyone would be vain if they had veneers! That was just the first thing i thought of (that song...you're so vain). I love everyone and respect what ever you choose to do!