Thursday, June 5, 2008

Salvation Army vs. the GAP

Today I had the rare opportunity to go shopping by myself (thanks Lauren!) I have had a store credit to the gap forever and have gone 3 different times and just have not found anything I liked. Well today I was determined to get it over with. Well, as I was shopping by myself and it is Wednesday (half price at Salvation Army) I decided to go there too. I found some really cute gaucho pants, darling high heal sandals a skirt that I knew Sarah would wear and pj shorts for Sarah that she needed (why I was there in the first place). Grand total: $5.25

Then I went to the GAP. After trying on various pants I went with a cute pair of floods - you can't really call them carpi's because they are almost to my ankles - two tee shirts and a pair of pants for Aaron (which were supposed to be his size but drowned him...DARN I have to go back to that blasted store!) Grand total: $70.97.

Even though I had store credit for $69 worth I liked the things I got at Salvation Army much better. Am I twisted or what!

6 comments:

DeAnn McWhorter said...

I wish I could be more like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lauren said...

I am glad you had fun shopping!! Have fun on your return to THE GAP!! hahah

Jacqui said...

We must be related. I am exactly the same. If I have a store credit somewhere, I will MILK it to the last possible cent. I only buy things on clearance and it KILLS me to pay full-price (or even sale price) for anything! I get all stressed out about it. If someone buys me a gifts (say for a baby shower) that I know was full-price, I usually will take it back and milk that credit, too. It's a sickness. Kind of like only ordering off of the $1 menu!!

Lisa said...

All I have to say...ROSS...I love that store! I can find clothes and shoes there... and it is the BEST for things for the house. We go there first. In Virginia we needed a certain size pan for Brad's toffee...we went to that big gourmet kitchen store in Sterling...to no avail..but when we looked at Ross...There it was for a fraction of the cost!!! I've been hooked ever since. If you are crazy...so am I...and I don't care!!!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I am so with lisa on Ross. I think nearly 3/4 of my wardrobe come from there. The rest usually comes from Walmart, Target, and occasionally Kohls.

I tried going to the mall over christmas and it was horrible!

Jacqui said...

I am anti-mall. I hate them. Love Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshalls. I lament that Marshalls isn't in Utah. It's the best! Steinmart is good, too, if you can find one.