Sunday, November 30, 2008

surviving but not thriving black friday

Thanksgiving came and so did the ads. We were wanting a tree this year, not a popular item right?? We saw a great deal at Home Depot and I talked Aaron into getting up early to go and get it. The store opened at 6 and he was there at 5:45. When he finally made it in the door to the display they were all out (all before 6). He vowed NEVER to shop again on black Friday. He said there were so many people it just took the fun out of shopping. Later that day we went to various other stores, but didn't want to pay $200 for a tree. After a long day of shopping we went with a beautiful real tree.

3 comments:

Crazy Jen said...

Hey, you guys have to get in line earlier than 15 minutes before the store opens. I got off work early and got in line at target at 3:00am and was the fourth person in line. I did end up getting everything that I wanted. I love crashing into people and being pushy. Its the only day you can mow people down with your cart!!HA!

Prouses said...

Gosh, I've totally been there done that at home depot. But it was for a tv/dvd combo back in the day... I was so miffed when I got to the display and it was empty... Grrr!
I vowed to never shop again on black friday, but then I met Jen...

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I had a somewhat similar experience. Kohls opened at 4. I was there at 5:40. Friends of mine had been there since 3 and they were still waiting in line! I decided to just turn around and go home. I wasn't going to wait in line for over 1 1/2 hours for a coat that didn't fit me as well as I had hoped. Not worth it.