oh, Christmas was lovely. I love having Aaron and the kids to hang out with!
Christmas eve,
We had a really quiet Christmas eve, not much fanfare. We ate ham and potatoes by candle light. Then sang all the Christmas hymns in the hymn book (we started out singing all the verses until we had a small revolt by David and Emma and switched to first verse only). We then acted out the nativity, Emma did NOT want to be Mary, but she wanted the baby. After Luke 2 we got on our pajamas and read the grinch, (my sister Suzie always read us that on Christmas eve.) apparently I can read with my eyes closed :)
The kids slept until 7, I woke up a few times in the night excited for Christmas and literally dragged Aaron out of bed when I heard the kids stirring.
Let's see, Santa brought a cotton candy machine, by far the favorite gift!
Sarah got a desk and chair, paint by numbers picture.
Becca got curlformers, I will have to post a pic tomorrow with her curly hair. We have done curls a few times and it looks great!
David got more trio blocks. He loves building things.
Emma got blocks and a dream light.
As a family we got Wheel of Fortune wii, the Lorax and Brave (thanks to our neighbors the Perkins)
We ate hot shredded wheat and had eggnog. The kids love both! The shredded wheat tradition came from my great grandma's family, my grandma did it with her family, my mom with mine and now I do it with my family.
Then we spent the rest of the day vegging out. Love it!
The next day Aaron went back to work and we got ready for our trip.
We went to Richfield that night where the next day Aaron had 6 surgeries. While he was at the hospital we went swimming, had yummy hotel breakfast, McDonalds play place, and the library. We were all ready to get going. It was snowing like crazy so it was an interesting drive to the 15, but we got there.
We stopped by Megan's house for dinner. It was great for the kids to see their cousins. They were sad we couldn't stay longer but it was on the road again for us! We drove to Las Vegas and stayed the night. The next day we drove to riverside where we picked fruit at Grandma and Grandpa Smalley's house. They were not there and were terribly missed! They are serving a mission in Georgia as the area medical advisers to 7 missions!
We took a bucket for Shauna's family and a bag to great grandma and Aunt Janet. Then we were off to Great Grandma's house.
She was in such good spirits, but is very forgetful. When she opened the door she almost started crying because she didn't realize we were coming. She couldn't believe we were there. She is such a sweet wonderful woman! We were so blessed to spend the evening with her!
That night we stayed at a local hotel and before skipping town we went to the beach (even though it was not a great day for the beach we still made the best of it!)
Can you tell how COLD it was! Now if we would have gone the next weekend it was perfect weather, that's life!
Then we went to the Murdock's house where they were blessed with an adorable little girl! I wish I would have taken a picture of the whole family, I just have one with the new baby :)
those cheeks were so kissable! Aaron was in paint clothes because he was helping Daryl finish up the front room. The next day was cute Amy's blessing day at church. It also happened to be my birthday! Shauna and Daryl made a real effort to make my birthday special! I am so glad Amy didn't notice that I kind of stole her day :)
The next day we shot guns, played with guinea pigs, went to the park and play an awesome game of kickball and street hockey. That night was filled with pizza, soda, late night games and lots of laughs. I loved every minute of it! then it was home again!
We had to stop in Riverside to pick up the produce we had picked. Fortunately it had it's own seat belt :)
It really has been hard waking up on time, wanting to go outside in the 10 degree weather, but we keep smiling and push though!
Surgery date: January 31st.
1 comment:
How fun is vacation? I agree - it is way too tough to brave the 10 degree weather and we should all move to CA (cold beach and all).
And what's up with scheduling surgery when I'm out of town and can't offer help? I get Emma the Mon and Tue after, deal?
Post a Comment