This Monday the kids and I went to seven peaks in salt lake. We were having a blast. Emma and I were hanging out and the other three were hanging out on the slides. I had successfully talked Emma into going down a few slides with me. She didn't love them, but she was brave. Well after the slides we wanted to just swim. I out my goggles on too. There was a lady looking for her glasses that she lost at the end of the slide. I had my goggles and the lifeguard stopped the people from coming down the slide. I decided to help too. I was swimming around for quite a bit. Then I saw them. They were about 10 feet away and so I decided to go for it, I swam picked them up and came out of the water. What I didn't know is the life guard had stopped looking for the glasses and started letting people come down the slide. I came up to a 25 lb sled slam into me right after coming down a huge drop off. It hit me right in the mouth. I was gushing blood. I brought the women her glasses but I needed to get out of the pool because I was bleeding. But Emma was still in the pool. I plead with the woman next to the pool to get my "baby". I know Emma is 5 but she is my baby and I hated knowing I was abandoning her. When I knew someone was getting her I went with the EMT. They cleaned me up and said I needed to go to the er.
At this point I could have...
Been angry
Said it was no fair I was only trying to help
Yelled at the lifeguard
Been angry at Heavenly Father for not warning me
What I tried to do
Set a good example for my kids
Assure everyone it was only an accident and these things happen
Tried to stay calm and prayed for everyone involved including the lifeguard, the lady I got her glasses , and the kid that ran into me
Nothing is solved by being angry. It never helps to throw a pity party for yourself. Yes it hurt, yes I was at the er for 5 hours that day, I had 7 large stitches and multiple tiny stitches inside my mouth. My kids were great. I left Aaron a lot of messages, but I knew he doesn't check them until after he is done seeing patients. Aaron came up and took the kids to dinner and came back to hold my hand while he was stitching me up. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much. Our bodies are amazing. I am mostly better, just a little more healing in my mouth. I love Aaron so much. He has been so caring and understanding. Heavenly Father gives us trials to make us stronger. We just need to take the opportunity to make us stronger and not weaker. Hopefully my family will learn that accidents happen, Heavenly Father is there to bless us and strengthen us, we can think of others even when we are hurting.

2 comments:
I am impressed Julie. I suppose it is in these trials that we get a chance to see our true colors. You are golden. How did you not get angry, even for a minute? I'm so glad you are healing quickly.
As always Julie, you are an inspiration. love you.
Post a Comment