Monday, April 23, 2007

My family


Since I am not "just a mom" I will take a little time to talk about my family. This picture was taken at Christmas, but it is the most recent shot of the whole family...we all look about the same though.




I think I will start with Aaron. He is a great guy and I love him so much. He is hard working and very determined. He is focused and gives his all. He loves the kids and spending time with the family. A few weeks ago we went to a gymnastic center and he really just lit up. He was a gymnist for 9 years (1 at BYU) and just is a great athlete. He liked gymnastics because it was a team sport but he didn't have to beat anyone up or get dirty. We joke because he didn't like soccer at age 5 because he kept getting his hands dirty :) He really has a great body and doesn't even work out.



Sarah LOVES to read. I have been keeping a reading log for her at school tracking how many minutes she reads a day and so far this month she has read 2690 minutes. The goal for K-2 was 200 minutes for April and half of May. She had 280 minutes the first day. She reads for fun though and not for pizza parties (PTA sponsered if they meet the goal).





She also loves to ride her bike. She just switched to a bigger bike then the one here, but she will ride for a long time. The one that she switched to she can barely reach the ground when she is sitting on the seat so it is a little tricky for her when she stops, but she is figuring it out.




Sarah is a little shy by nature, but is fiercly competitive and always wants to be first or the best. She doesn't mind being by herself and does better with just one or two friends compared to a whole group of kids.




Becca is my spunky, funny, fun loving, compassionate little person. She loves people and loves to make people happy. She is a great helper and wants to help a lot. She is guinine and cares for everyone she meets. She loves groups and being the center of attention. I don't think she has a shy bone in her body. She loves being pretty and beautiful.




Her latest obsession is coloring. She can color for hours and it is all in rainbow colors. Every page has so many colors on it. She also loves to wear a lot of color. She had about 4 pair of bandana pants that are wild with a lot of color and she loves wearing them.




David - Oh where do we even begin. David is definatly a BOY! He is just discovering his brute strength and nothing I say or do deters him from his ways. He is also VERY independent. He likes doing what HE wants and not what YOU want. It is great. He usually is a very happy kid. I am trying to be positive because he didn't have the best day today. He was really cranky and wanted to be held all day long. I think he is just not feeling well.






He puts everything in his mouth. After we opened the sandbox in the back yard he has had gritty diapers. I hope he soon learns that sand is not to eat! He also eats marker tips, plant, and chalk. Yum.






When I try to change his diaper and he knows I am coming for his he turns and smirks and then "runs" (walks normal pace with his arm pumping at his side) It is really cute I can't help but laugh!




1 comment:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I love the pictures. The one picture of Becca SOOOO reminds me of Emily! And that one with David and dirt. HA! I'm so excited to come and see you guys!!