Sunday, June 17, 2007

After kid's go to bed treat

I am struggling with the "after kid's go to bed treat." When the kids finally fall asleep I feel I am entitled to a reward for not killing them or at least being nice to them all day long. I have been eating "Chocolate Seduction" ice cream which is the best chocolate ice cream I have ever had! But with these extra pounds I would like to lose this treat thing needs to go somehow.

Any suggestions of treats that are not that bad for you...

3 comments:

Cannon said...

This is from amanda: I have the same struggle. if you want the chocolate ice cream, just measure out a half a cup and don't allow seconds. Also, dreyers all fruit juice bars (no sugar added) are really tasty, and only 15 or 20 calories. sugar free russell stovers chocolates are pretty good, and if you eat more than a few they give you stomach cramps, which is a pretty good incentive to not eat the whole bag. there are also sugar free fudgsicles, which are ok unless you eat them after the real ones. and i have heard of skinny cows but never really checked them out. good luck though. i am getting hungry just typing this.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

fruit smoothies are nice. I also like having a mixed bag of small treats 9though you'd have to hide them well so your kids don't beg for them constantly) like a small pack of skittles, individual small tootsie rolls,jolly ranchers, etc.. I'm usually satisfied with one or two and I don't feel obligated to finish a normal bag of skittles or something.

You could do the otter pop thing. That's cold and sugary, but small enough not to feel too bad about...

Juls said...

I am NOT tempted at all with otter pops! Too sugary for me. I love fudgsicles so that is a great sugestion! Also tootsie rolls are great. I would just have to limit myself :)