Yes, I vowed never to go to the dreaded W word, but I did. I needed to do some shopping LATE at night and that was the only place open. Anyway, I bought some sandals for David that happened to be too small so I had to return them. Well, I had been reading on my friends blog and she was talking about price match at Wal Mart. I just got an add for a store about 15 minutes away that I like but rarely go to because it is a drive, but they had seedless watermelons for $2 so I thought I would try the whole price match thing. I brought the watermelon and the ad to the cashier and told her the price and viola I got a seedless watermelon for $2 and didn't have to drive to get it.
I am the worst at yard sales or things like that. I would rather pay full price than talk them down because I hate having a yard sale because here is a box for $.50 and they ask if you will take a quarter...seriously people here if you want it just take it. I thought the whole Walmart experience would be like that, but it wasn't it was actually quite pleasant and I saved $4.
3 comments:
So odd how I hate yard sales too, but I have found some of the best stuff at yard sales. I got a whole set of those International Library of Music piano books for Celia for $5!!! They cost me $450 25 years ago. Still, I hate bargaining or pawing through other people's junk.
Way to get the deal on the watermelon! Mom
I only stop at yard sales if there's something that catches my eye as I'm walking or driving by. I never rummage.
It's funny, our Walmart and Target are comparable in cleanliness, openness, etc. but Walmart has a better overall selection and prices PLUS their produce is usually better!! I hate buying produce at Target. I can't wait until our Sprouts gets here!!!!
I can't talk about the yard sales - I hate them. But I love someone very much who loves them and loves to bargain.. Walmart on the other hand is a wonderful pain - you know I hate to go there but I try and get there once every 2 mo.
Post a Comment