So a friend challenged me to post a childhood memory (from when I was 3, unlike her I don't have THAT good of a memory! so you will just have to get a childhood memory :) My mom was awesome at Christmas time (she was all of the time, but especially at Christmas) from making dolls, pound puppies, dresses for her 4 girls, baking goodies, baking goodies, baking goodies, she was flat out unstoppable! She taught us the importance of helping those who were less fortunate than we were. One year that really sticks out to me is a time we took a large box of toys and food to someone with a lot of kids and not a lot of money. We drove up with our lights off and quietly took it up to their porch, knocked on the door and ran back to the car where my dad drove away. The look on their faces when they opened the door was great.
Every year, this is where the endless baking of goodies comes into play, we would take a plate of treats to our neighbors and carol at their house. It was probably one of my most favorite things to do at Christmas :)
Also every year we would make graham cracker houses complete with an outhouse or trading post :) Today I made graham cracker houses with my kids :) love it!
1 comment:
Cute! Love it! That's the kind of experience I hope to give my kids someday. Ok, now a memory from when you were 4... ;o)
Post a Comment