Monday, May 21, 2007

Beans, beans the magical fruit...

Last Saturday we had 6 missionaries over for dinner. We are trying to use our food storage before we move so I made up a large pot of beans. Last time they were over we had a large pot of chili so this time I went with Navajo Tacos. They loved it. Anyway we were left with half the pot of beans...hum what do you do with that many beans. I looked up some recipes and found two that sounded really good.

I made some pinto bean fudge. It was really good (although you use a whole bag of sugar and a cube of butter.) Then there was the bean muffins. These were really good and moist. If you are ever in need of the recipe I will gladly share.

I think I will freeze the rest because I don't think that my family could handle any more beans! PU.

2 comments:

Lois said...

from the Mom--

Go ahead, share the recipes here. I don't care how good it is I just can't eat fudge made with beans. But, muffins? Well, I might give that a try. Good protein.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I've never eaten bean fudge, but I have had bean popcicles in China. Very weird. It had who red beans in it.

That's cool you tried crazy new things. We haven't had the missionaries over for dinner since I was put in the primary! They never pass the sign up sheet around in there.