Everyday, yes, EVERYDAY David tells me that I have a big bum. I really don't think about it much because compared to his small bum, my bum is huge. Well today in Becca's class the teacher introduced me and one kid said, Smalley you are not small. You should be Mrs Biggie or Mrs Piggie. Oh, leave it to a kindergartner to make you feel EVEN BIGGER than you already do!
Yesterday we were shopping for some last minute gifts and as I was walking by there was an older couple and this is what I heard:
"Mabel, this shirt is just cute as heck."
I had to chuckle. I don't quite know how cute heck is, but really I never thought it should be a word that describes a shirt.
5 comments:
That is so funny! You gotta love it. I swear, that would be my Olivia saying that to you in the school class. The girl has no filter!!
I really, really hope that the girl's name was really Mabel. Welcome to Utah. That phrase is SO Utah, isn't it?! \
I have been thinking all month that we should get together again. Unfortunately we're goin out of town for Christmas, so it's totally hectic around here. AFter new year's though?
this is terrific! i can really appreciate this post. thanks for the laugh.
That's a pretty funny story. I have a piano student who used to always say, "No offense, but..." and then say something really or slightly offensive. Cracks me up what kids think is ok.
OH my!! Kids are so funny! I dont want to know what that kid would say about me. I am a few weeks behind you. I think he would think I was a Mrs.Piggy or maybe a Mrs. Cow.
Gotta love the comments kids make. One day when she was 3, Mia yelled at me from the Bathroom and said "Mom, I wish my bum was big" I wasn't sure I heard it right and went in to check on her and said "what?" She was trying to use the toilet without a potty seat and was trying so hard to keep herself from falling in and said "I wish my bum was big like yours!"
Post a Comment