Friday, January 30, 2009

1-800-222-1222

Yesterday I had the wonderful opportunity to speak to poison control. Yes, poison control.

I had just given David some cough medicine and then came down stairs to check on the girls. About 5 minutes later David came and showed me a whole cup of medicine. I kind of panicked. I went upstairs and he had spilled some on the rug and the bottle was about 1/3 full. I had JUST bought that bottle Tuesday so I knew that he had to have drank some. I asked him and he just said that he had a little bit.

Hence, the call to poison control. They said it was nothing to worry about. PHEW!

Later that night i found him helping himself to the fluoride. We had a nice long talk about medicine and that he is NOT allowed to help himself. I guess child proof caps are not David proof!

5 comments:

Karolynn Kay said...

How funny... we experience the same thing with Maya on Monday. Unfortunately for us... we had to take her to the emergency room- but luckily everything was O.K. Kids keep you on your toes.

Family said...

wow!! David sure keeps you on your toes..

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Dean pulled down a bottle of tylenol from the sink and figured out how to get the cap off! Good thing I was close by because he loves that stuff.

EndoQuad said...

It is definitely a panicky feeling. Haddli my littlest drank paint thinner. (Yeah, that got me in trouble with the wife. :) But everything turned out ok. Like you said PHEW! :) Got to love those moments eh?

nicole said...

Oh man that is scary glad he is okay. Maybe they should make that medicine so it doesn't taste quite so good. My boys are always trying to get cough drops. They think they are just candy and will fake cough their heads off to get them.