Sunday, November 11, 2007

The story of the mixer

Since today is Sunday I thought I was write a story/analogy that I used in a talk a few months ago.

One day I was making cinnamon rolls and I was mixing the frosting to complete the rolls. I was kind of in a hurry and so I wasn't being so careful with the rubber spatula. As I was scraping the sides of the bowl the end of the spatula got sucked into the mixer taking my hand with it. I kind of panicked. I looked down and here was my hand stuck in the middle of the mixer. I really didn't know what to do. I didn't have the wits about me to get it out. I just yelled for help. Aaron came in and calmly helped me out of the mixer. My fingers were a little mangled and bruised but fortunately not bleeding. I was SO grateful the Aaron was there because I don't know what I would have done.

The analogy part. In life sometimes we are in a hurry to get somewhere. Sometimes we take the wrong path and get sucked into something we shouldn't be. We feel trapped, but don't know how to get out. All we need to do is call for help. If I would have left the mixer on my hand and not called out for help it would have been painful and probably embarrassing walking around with a mixer on my hand. Sometimes it is not always that obvious, but we need to pray when we need help. Heavenly Father is there for us always and wants us to ask for help.

No comments: