Thursday, February 14, 2008

Life is not fair

Sunday after church we were driving home and Becca pops in her lollipop that she got from her teacher and David howled until I gave him his lollipop from a little girl in his class and Sarah cried all the way home because she didn't get anything at church...hence my statement, "well honey life is not fair." I began to tell her that on Thursday she would have about 18 Valentines and some were bound to be filled with candy. This still didn't faze her and she continued to cry until we were home (fortunatly we live about 8 minutes from church).

Later on that evening we were talking about a family motto...I gave the suggestions *we can do hard things * stand a little taller * do your best and Aaron suggested *we love each other. Sarah promptly said I think it should be life is not fair. haha. I told her although that statement was true, it didn't quite qualify for our family motto. haha. boy soon it is going to be a lot more than candy :)

3 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Matt and I were both rolling with laughter. We think it's a GREAT family motto. It has so many applications.

Jacqui said...

That is funny! True, too. I make my kids hide their treats until we get home so they can eat them in private, or else they have to share or give it to whomever didn't get a treat. I guess I'm not teaching the "life's not fair!" lesson!!

Sarah said...

julie,

hi there. this is jon draper. my wife and i found your blog through some random happenings. you have a cute family. it was fun to see where you are at. sounds like life is good. i am in southern california and have 2 boys and 1 more due next week. you can check out my wife's blog at sarahfam.blogspot.com

take care and good luck with your husband beind done with his residency.

jon