Last night we listed a desk and coffee table on craigslist and this morning I had about 30 messages for it!
The RS President and Bishop have been out of town and so the first counselors have been really busy! I really don't know how she does it. I talked with someone for about 45 minutes today then got the message that the sister that passed away yesterday the funeral will be on Friday not Saturday so I will have to dress the sister Thursday night and prepare the luncheon for Friday afternoon. Whew. Then our sister that has been in transition finally has an apartment so we will be moving her Saturday morning.
Saturday evening will be our carpet pulling party because the installers will be coming Monday. I am getting a little nervous about selling for sale by owner...well actually selling it. Whew.
I am REALLY grateful for my great kids who have been good today while I did all my calling and cleaning. I am ESPECIALLY grateful for all my wonderful friends who have watched my kids (and who will be watching my kids...)
7 comments:
So, are you first counselor? If so, have you do any thing great for enrichment?
wow. you have to dress the body. that sounds freaky to me. mom always told me that RS was much, MUCH harder than YWs all those years when I complained when it got to be too much.
Yeah, I have to agree with cackel. I never really thought about the fact that the RS Pres would have to do that. I didn't even go for Grandma's dressing. Too much for me...
Hi Julie, if you need a babysitter I'm your gal. I know my girls would love having a few extra playmates around (maybe it would keep them occupied for a minute or so while I get something accomplished). Anyway, good luck with your overflowing plate. You're an inspiration!
My advice is to take another woman with you to dress the body. It is not as bad as it sounds but I'm so used to having LDS morticians, which makes a huge difference.
Carpet pulling party? Sounds fun. Mom
I LOVE Craigslist. I have gotten rid of so much junk through them that it is not even funny. Including Dwight's motorcycle... LOL!!
If i had to dress a body, i probably would not sleep for a month. ""Shiver""
When does your house go up for sale? And hmmm...Primary, Relief Society? ...Primary, Relief Society?...Primary, Relief Society? I choose Primary. It's harder to offend kids and I'm really good at saying stupid things.
Post a Comment