Thursday, December 13, 2007

tale of two sister (part 2)

Yesterday we went bowling. Sarah had two free games of bowling that expired this month, so I thought we would go. I remembered why I didn't really like bowling...it always smells like smoke! Once we got passed the smell we kind of had a fun time. Sarah would bowl the first ball and usually hit most of the balls and then if she missed she would get really mad. Becca on the other hand would bowl and if it just hit one pin she would get really excited or chant YES. The score in the end was 85 to 47, yet it appeared that Becca had the better game because Sarah was always upset and Becca was always happy.

Nature vs Nurture. Is there something I could be doing to help Sarah be less competitive or just enjoying what she is doing? Any suggestions?

Mom, just curious which was I more like when I was a little girl? I know I got a lot more competitive as I grew older...was I always like that?

1 comment:

Lois said...

You were more like Becca. Always excited and happy with whatever. I kind of think you are that way to this day. Such a grateful girl you are!! the mom