Saturday, May 10, 2008

waste not, want not

I don't know why, but I can not see a perfectly good thing go to waste. The other day (trash day) I saw that my neighbor was throwing out a beautiful pink wood kitchen. I thought I will just take this to salvation army or give it away. Man, I know that it is a lot easier just to throw it out, but seriously...

Today our neighborhood was having a yard sale so I put it on the curb with a free sign on it. It was snatched up within a half an hour. Hopefully it will be well used.

1 comment:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Seriously. Have you heard of freecycle? It's kind of like Craigstlist, but everything is free. You say, "needed" or "taken" or "offer" and whatever the item is. I am continually amazed at what people take.