Friday, September 7, 2007

Mother's intuition isn't always right

So Sarah did go to school, but not the ice cream party. She threw up four times after coming home this afternoon. She said she was fine at school and didn't really feel sick until she came home...I feel bad about pushing her to go. I am glad that she shared what she shared with me. We will try to work on roll playing friend making.

1 comment:

CACKEL said...

i had this same type of situation with Kendall when he said that he was too sick to go to church. I told him that he couldn't stay home and watch movies all day if he was sick so he said that e would go to church if he could lay down and watch a movie afterwards. well, I totally thought he was bluffing after that and then he threw up ALL OVER the church floor about two seconds after we walked in. OOOOOOPS.

Chelsea has trouble making new friends quickly too, but I always tell her that she can invite anyone over after school that she is interested in getting to know better. sometimes it really helps to get a friendship going outside of school first. do you know any other families who have kids in her class? you might be able to invite the whole family over if it is less intimidating for her.