When we moved here from DC and went to
ZooAmerica (where they only have native North American animals) Sarah was really puzzled where the elephants, zebras, tigers, lions, panda bears, and kangaroos were. I tried to convince her that buffalo were just as exciting.



Here are some pictures of the zoo that I stole from my friends blog. I guess I forgot my camera.
2 comments:
I suppose that is the bad thing about having lived in Washington DC--you will probably never live near a zoo that equals it. Although you might still end up in CA. The San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park really did exceed my expectations when we lived there. And since it is never too hot, the animals weren't all lazing in the shade and too tired to move around for the kids who are watching.
I think Zooamerica is a bit of a disappointment. its a good place for the kids to run around but the porcupine on top of the tree and the stinky buffalos get old pretty quick. There are lots of other good zoos out there but none real close I like the Maryland zoo and Philly(but they are a little pricey) the St. Louis Zoo is another great free one(in case you are ever driving across the country) I've never been to the SD zoo but supposedly its one of the best free ones.
Post a Comment